Can i install Asciinema on Windows

Hi guys, i am new to Asciinema. I am a windows user and i wonder that is there any way to use Asciinema on Windows?

Perhaps, this one may help you (Note: I didn’t test It… backup/ snapshot server first and proceed at your own risk).

Thanks you. i tried this way and successed. but i found this way, and this way seem cooler to me : https://asciinema.org/a/0nsiofsbhypumh6vy5jx6wuog

i read comments on this post : github. com/asciinema/asciinema/issues/150** and i tried to do like guide on : github .com/asciinema/asciinema/issues/150#issuecomment-375151554 but not success.

can you please help me to know how to do it. i have the same error like this : github. com/asciinema/asciinema/issues/150#issuecomment-377669128

Thanks you. sory about the links, they dont allow me to add more than 2 links.

If you’re on Win10 you can run asciinema under WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux, or whatever it’s called). It’s working fine there.

i installed successfull on WSL. but i don’t know how to install right on CMD on Windows like this : asciinema. org/a/0nsiofsbhypumh6vy5jx6wuog

I try to do follow guide on this [github.com/asciinema/asciinema/issues/150#issuecomment-375151554](http://post’s comment) but not success.

Can you please help me to fix it?

A workaround is installing Asciinema via WSL, start a recording session form WSL Bash and then open a CMD session via cmd.exe.

It’s a bit less convenient than being able to record from CMD directly but form an output perspective the only disadvantage is that the initial cmd.exe call is also recorded, and would need to be removed in a post-processing step in order to avoid confusion. Maybe somebody knows a trick to delay the recording so that capturing is started after calling cmd.exe?

For anyone that is still looking for solutions on Windows: please take a look at Please clarify whether asciinema is expected to work on Windows · Issue #465 · asciinema/asciinema (github.com) and the recommended alternative / port for Windows Watfaq/PowerSession-rs: Rust implementation of PowerSession, with new features and enhancements (github.com)

1 Like