Asciinema self-hosted server administrative-tasks

Hi guys.
I’ve been deployed the asciinema server in my organizations (with SSL support)
The documentation says I have the ability to manage recordings:

I added the user email to admin:
docker-compose run --rm phoenix admin_add user_at_org.com
Running 2/0

• Container asciinema_smtp Running
  • Container asciinema_postgres Running
    user_at_org.com added to admin users list

But nothing happened. User with added admin role still doesn’t have ability to manage other user recordings, only his own recordings.

All recordings uploads to server properly and each user who associate token_id with records have ability to see them. But I thought admin task means ability to manage all users recordings… I’ve noticed only one change after user got admin role assigned - the “make recording a featured” become available through the dropdown menu…

I will be very grateful for the help

Ascinema server: v20220327 (Oracle Linux Server 8.6)
Asciinema recorder on hosts: v2.0.2 (Oracle Linux Server 8.6)

1 Like

Hey Alex,

The administrative tasks are very few at the moment, and are limited to the Settings dropdown on a recording’s page. There you should have ability to Edit, Make featured, and Delete. If you saw the “Make featured” option then it picked up your admin role correctly. If you didn’t see Edit/Delete option there then it must have been a bug.

Also worth mentioning, even as an admin you won’t be able to list other users’ secret recordings without accessing them via a direct link.

Long story short: the admin interface is minimal, to say the least, and not quite useful at the moment :slight_smile:

I plan to improve the self-hosting story of asciinema server in 2024 though :crossed_fingers: