Hello.
I’m trying to sign up second day in a row, but Sign up email doesn’t come.

Same issue here. Login email does not arrive · Issue #347 · asciinema/asciinema-server · GitHub

I’m having the same problem.

Mailgun suddenly blocked us, had to switch to a different SMTP server. Should be working fine now.

2 Likes

Works for me. Thank you!

Same here using a mail address hosted on google workspaces. Checked spam folder and waited few hours/days now. Not receiving the mail to login…

I wasn’t getting login emails either. I’m using a Google Workspace email address too, which forwards to my personal Gmail. I logged into the Google Workspace account for once to check if there was any trace of them, and indeed there is! I haven’t seen this error happen with anything else before:

Edit: The last login email I received successfully was on 10 Aug 2022.

I’m having this issue now.

Same here, not getting any mails when trying to sign up.

I’ve recently noticed problems with email delivery. It seems our free Sendgrid plan is not enough anymore…

I’m looking into switching to some other provider where free tier is more generous than Sendgrid’s 100 emails/day.

I briefly looked at possibility of getting sponsored plan (for open source project) from either Sendgrid or Mailgun, but it’s virtually impossible to reach a human at both companies if you have small volume, and especially when you don’t want to pay :slight_smile:

I won’t consider setting up Postfix or anything like that. However, if you know a good SMTP service with free plan of at least 500 emails/day (or a plan dedicated for open source projects), or you know a company which would be willing to sponsor this I’m all ears.

1 Like

You can try mail250 com starter costs 20 USD per month. Eventually we can make an agreement and I can pay for this just like that. Why? Well I am using asciinema to record CLI for students and I think that this project is worth to invest money just like that. I am serious. You can also reconsider Amazon SES. Amazon SES pricing. A sendpulse com website has a free plan, but I do not know what daily limitation it has. Atomic Mail sender is interesting, but I do not have idea how this solution works. It is worth to check this comparison: Mailing comparison

Thanks a lot for your offer @sysadmin-info, I highly appreciate that.

So right now I switched asciinema.org to AWS SES. I already use AWS account with it (S3 bucket for recording files) so it was quite easy. Just had to verify sender identity and wait for AWS support to move my account out from sandbox to prod. They charge $0.10 per 1000 emails, so with current volume (~200-300 a day) this won’t even be a dollar.

1 Like

As of now email delivery should work fine, and hopefully the problem is over for good :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Sorry to trouble you – I’m not receiving a signup email today (17.01.24). Is this a known issue again? How can I sign up pls? (I’ve tried 2 email accounts and checked spam, nothing coming through).

1 Like

I didn’t receive the email either. I tried multiple mailboxes such as edu, gmail, foxtail, etc., but I did not receive any login and sign-up emails. How to solve this problem?

1 Like

I came here after waiting ~30min for the emails to arrive for two different mail services, but they did not arrive (checked spam too)

I’m investigating, will post here when resolved. Sorry about that!

1 Like

Should work now.

Found out it was due to the Postfix 3.7.9 config change (Bug#1059402: bookworm-pu: package postfix/3.7.6-0+deb12u2), which apparently was applied by Fastmail few days ago. I patched asciinema server with a workaround (Workaround SMTP "bare LF" error" · asciinema/asciinema-server@f7ff294 · GitHub), which did the trick.

1 Like